Monday, April 10, 2006
Occassionally, many female friends will tell me " dont be like a boy " & " grow up " . Maybe i am still a boy , shown on my actions. Maybe all the guys i know are childish too. I dont know. Am i 19 ?.. Am i a man ?. but somehow.. childish games are fun. its good to know when to be mature and understand people and when to be childish and play. I don't get to see what so called to be adult entertainment to be any mature ?
But childish is innocence. ?.. do you see any innocent adults ?.. NO!.. and living in this complicated country where people are all selfish and self centred. where innocence is almost 0% in this place and puts on a mask ? the reason: I think that everyone is afraid of getting injured and starts to build a shield around them. This pushes everyone to build a shield and no one is there to share and care for others. So this is what we want ? We may ask whats life then?.. to live in such a world.
I can never forget my trip to sabah last year. We are out of singapore, to a kampong. Where everything is just so simple and happy. The villagers are friendly , all the kids over there are all very innocent. A small little gesture from you will make them smile and when they smile , I smiled. Even us, all got so simple when we stay over there and have lots of fun singing songs and looking at stars.I love that place. and of course i am sure they love my place over here at singapore. people are never contented. when you reach one end. you will feel that the other end is more comfortable for you. I think the environment really influence alot on the person you are. So did god want us to be complicated and lonely or simple and happy ?
Do i write in much of a proper way?. All thanks to wenhui for enlighting me what is life. And friends out there . Please open up and share all your thoughts and feelings. This will prevent the whole singapore to be a "shieldful" country . lets all listen to Return to Innocence!!
Posted by Frances Han at 1:32 AM